Finally Grand Rapids is getting retail outlets that should have laid down roots years ago. It took YEARS to get a Trader Joe’s to commit to Grand Rapids and they are doing gang buster business in their location on 28th street.
Fresh Thyme, a cross between Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods is coming to the site where the old MAC Athletic club used to stand.
Fresh Thyme has received money and support from Meijer Corp., and is scheduled to open 60 stores in the midwest by 2020.
Each store will feature:
• More than 400 bins of natural and organic bulk items and small batches of locally roasted premium coffee beans.
• A butcher shop that will make all-natural handmade sausage daily.
• Specialty items such as gluten-free and dairy-free products.
• A full dairy section, carrying primarily local Midwest items.
• Fresh Thyme Kitchen featuring healthy prepared salads and meals as well as a full salad bar, made-to-order sandwiches and a bakery featuring artisan breads.
• Hops & Grapes department with an expansive selection of wine and local craft beers
• A health care section with 7,000 varieties of vitamins, supplements and natural body care products